So, consider this: This is TEXAS, a deep-south RED State we’re talking about and…
- We have a Houston City Council member sponsoring a TRANSGENDER social
- The TRANSGENDER community supported the mayor of Houston - an out lesbian - into politics.
- We have the 2nd openly TRANSGENDER judge in the nation
- Houston is home to the only TRANSGENDER Center and Archive in the nation
- Houston enjoys a Executive Order protecting TRANSGENDER people from discrimination.
Lesson: Don’t buy it when you’re told that where you live is too right-wing to move trans rights forward or that if all trans folk band together, transsexuals and intersex people won’t get their rights!
Join the community in socializing and having fun at the first Friday night TG Social of the season at the TG Center!
The grills will fire up around 6:30 and the social starts at 7 PM. Come out and enjoy drinks, great BBQ and veggie cuisine!
Also, several folks who play unplugged instruments (guitar, mandolin, etc.) will have a jam-session in the meeting room. If you play, please bring your instrument and join in the fun!
The social is free and the BBQ costs 10 bucks (BYOB). Bring your friends and family!
If you have a dish you want to share, please bring it with you. The social is a great way to show off your culinary talent!
WHAT: Friday Night TG Social
WHEN: 6/3/11, from 7 to Midnight
WHERE: TG Center, 604 Pacific, Houston, TX 77006
This Friday Night TG Social is sponsored by:
The Re-Elect Jolanda “Jo” Jones for City of Houston City Council At-Large Position 5 Campaign
If you are interested in sponsoring a Friday Night Social, contact Lou at email@example.com